Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker
|February 20, 2018 - September 30, 2018|
|Salary Range:||Grade 1, $10.00|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Department:||Buildings & Grounds|
|Description:||Under the direction of one of the Parks Supervisors, performs duties necessary for the operation, maintenance and upkeep of City/Cemeteries/Canyon parks and public properties. |
Typical hours from 7:00am - 3:30 pm - variations may be possible to accommodate certain schedules.
|Duties:||- Check all City/Cemeteries/Canyon parks against the Utah Risk Management compliance checklist at least twice per month during the time period of March through November.|
- Thoroughly check playgrounds against the safety compliance checklist at least once each week.
- Visually check all playgrounds equipment and surface area each day.
- Record information and keep files on playground and property safety compliance inspections.
- Clean restrooms and picnic tables in City, Cemeteries, or Canyon Parks.
- Pick up garbage and litter in City, Cemeteries, or Canyon Parks.
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance on playgrounds, as needed.
- Assist with sprinkler repair, as needed.
- Operate lawn mowers and tractors, as needed, and at various sites.
-Attend the required monthly staff safety meetings.
-All other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Must be at least 16 years of age. 18 years of age or older is preferred in order to operate vehicles and equipment. Experience in grounds maintenance preferred, but not required. Must have a valid Utah Driver License.|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to safely operate lawn mowers. Must be able to read and write legibly. Must be able to follow directions and perform work assignments.
Must be physically fit enough to walk long distances, work outside in all types of weather, lift 100 lbs., bend, stoop, crawl and sit.